Holy Cow!

Lynne's Journey to India

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan

Monday, April 10, 2006

Back in the U.S.

Namaste Friends!

Well, I'm finally back in the United States. I still have some things to share with you from my journey to India on the blog but for now I am in Michigan. While in the Vipassana retreat in India I learned my father was diagnosed with cancer. Now we're waiting for test results and we're not sure what treatment he'll require.

I need to be with my family here in Michigan now and I'm not sure how long this whole process is going to take. Those of you who know me well know how much my father means to me.I'm looking at this as an opportunity to be here for my father, as he's been there for me so many times throughout my life.

Please include my father John in your prayers for healing and a complete recovery. I would also appreciate you sending your positive energy and healing thoughts my way. One way to do this is by using Tonglen, a Buddhist healing meditation. In this form of selfless meditation you breathe in another's pain so they can be well, and then breathe out, sending them whatever you feel would bring them relief and happiness. Cancer is associated with heat, anger and unexpressed feelings and emotions. So in my Dad's case, he needs cooling thoughts of peace, self-love and faith that he can be strong enough to fight this disease. Some people think that taking in another's pain could be harmful to them. But the truth is that the only thing Tonglen can hurt is your ego, that which causes suffering in the first place.

Thank you for all your support. I look forward to seeing you all again.

Love and blessings,
Lynne

P.S. Please keep checking the new and previous blog entries as I will be adding more pictures and writings about the trip as time allows. Namaste!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynne how long are you going to be in Michigan? I will be there next Friday and would love to hear all about your trip. In any case give me a call when you can, I miss talking to you!

-Brad

Fri Apr 14, 06:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your father is doing well and I know what your going through. I know what you're going through all to well. I can tell you what I know and give you my advice as you know I dealing with the same situation.

Fri Apr 14, 06:58:00 AM  
Blogger Lynne said...

thanks for the encouragement. these replies are blind responses so if you don't identify yourself i have no way of knowing who you are. i also have to reply to your comment on the blog so if you wish to speak privately just put your email address in the body of your email and i will reply directly to you. thanks again for your support. lynne

May the long time sun shine upon you!

Wed Apr 19, 07:01:00 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Brad, Will be in MI until my Father stabilizes. Write me on my email and we will talk more. Can't find a new email for you. Thanks. Lynne

Wed Apr 19, 07:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hoping that your father is strong and fighting his illness. We miss you here!

Wendy

Wed Apr 19, 07:11:00 PM  
Blogger Lynne said...

Thanks Wendy for the email. I appreciate all of the support I am getting from my yoga students back in the Bemidji area. All of you have been so great. I know everyone is missing their particular yoga class but remember that everything happens for a reason. Maybe this is your time to find your own practice at home, as challenging as I know that can be. That's what I am doing here and I know it is completely different from practicing in a class. But when you start following your body and allowing it to go where it needs to, you get exactly what you need at that moment. It also gives you an opportunity to get in touch with where you are on each level of your practice; body, mind and spirit. Even if it's only for 5 minutes, it's a wonderful way to reconnect. Missing you all and sending love and peace your way!

Lynne

Thu Apr 20, 03:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home