Holy Cow!

Lynne's Journey to India

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan

Friday, March 17, 2006

10 Days of Silence in Dehradun


Namaste everyone!

Today I'll be entering a 10 day silent Vipassana retreat in Dehradun, Uttaranchal. The meditation center is pictured above. Vipassana, which means to see things as they really are, is one of India's most ancient techniques of meditation. You can read more about Vipassana here: www.dhamma.org/vipassan.htm. For a more personal take on the experience, here's a Yoga Journal article on one woman's experience, titled "How I Learned to Love Meditation": www.yogajournal.com/meditation/134_1.cfm.

If you're really interested, there are two (relatively) local Vipassana retreats coming up: a weekend non-residential retreat from April 7-9 at the Lotus Meditation Center in Grand Forks, ND (for more info contact Lora Sloan at 701-787-8839, or
lorasloan@gra.midco.net); the other, a 10-day residential retreat from June 9-18 at the Christine Center in Willard, Wisconsin (www.tcvc.info/pages/retreats.htm).

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I'll be out of touch until the end of the retreat. I'll let you know how it went then!

Love and blessings,
Lynne

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lynne, are you still there? I have been intrigued by the idea of a 10 day meditation retreat. How was it for you? Seems like it would be an incredible experience - I want to do it!

I have enjoyed all of your writings, but especially your descriptions of the International Yoga Conference. I had been in Phoenix for a couple of weeks and had the opportunity to take some different Yoga classes - including a couple of Iyengar classes. Wow. Not as soothing and spiritual as some, but I really got an idea how my body is supposed to feel in some positions. Also I had bought a Yoga Nidra book and CD (and I fall asleep too). So I enjoyed reading about your teachers and experiences.

I can't wait to hear more of your stories and share in what you have learned.
Safe journeys and Namaste!

Sun Apr 02, 05:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home