Holy Cow!

Lynne's Journey to India

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan

Saturday, January 28, 2006

In the Arms of Amma

What can I say. Have you ever met a true saint? I suppose it is just like in Jesus' time - when people met him and were in his presence, they must have been blown away too. We are no different here and now. We are just living in a new era. But that doesn't mean that miracles can't happen in our time and that blessings aren't just as abundant as they were back then.

The second day we were here Amma gave Darshan, her blessings, to hundreds of us one by one. Since it was my first time seeing her I got priority and was given the number 1-20 and told to return at noon. I stood in line for a while and then sat in a chair for about an hour. That is where a young woman next to me told me that if I had a question for Amma I could just close my eyes and talk to her because she is God, a beautiful Guru (teacher) of God. When I got in line on stage and was getting closer and closer to her I felt even more of her energy. I don't know how to describe it but it's the same thing as when you walk into a room and something draws your attention. You just feel drawn. It was very hot on stage since high-powered lights were there for filming purposes. As you get closer to Amma her attendants take control. You are guided to your knees once there are only two or three people left in front of you. I watched as people melted into her arms for seconds and sometimes minutes.

When it was my turn I knelt in front of her and watched as the man next to me received his hug. He was pulled away from her and I was pushed in. The whole thing happens very quickly because there are so many people that love her and want to just be near her. When she held me it was as if time stood still. When I watched others before me, I noticed that she was having conversations with her disciples at the same time and thought how distracting that must be. But when I was there nothing else existed. I wasn't aware of anything, not even myself. Once I was released and given Prashad from her I was pulled away and told to concentrate. That's all I heard, a woman's voice saying "concentrate." I went to the side where chairs were placed for people to sit and collect themselves. I closed my eyes and felt in complete bliss. I tried to begin witnessing my thoughts and feelings so I could remember everything, but every time I tried to think I couldn't. No thoughts were allowed into my brain. I felt like I couldn't move, but didn't want to really. For the rest of the day I felt so peaceful - filled with peace. Later on as I sat out on the floor in front of the stage where Amma was I returned to that blissful place I was in right after her Darshan. One of her followers told me that after you are around her for a while you don't need to get as many hugs because she is with you always. I suppose that is what I was feeling when I returned to bliss just by sitting in front of her.

Today I will receive my second Darshan for this trip. Amma goes on tour through India and then the world and leaves on Friday, so the ashram is very busy right now. I am so glad that I had the opportunity for this experience. Amma has an ashram in Ann Arbor, I was told this morning by a nice lady from northern Michigan. I'm afraid she does not have any ashrams in Minnesota yet. She will be touring the states though, so if anyone gets a chance it is well worth the wait.
Namaste.
Lynne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home