Holy Cow!

Lynne's Journey to India

My Photo
Name:
Location: Michigan

Sunday, January 01, 2006

I'm here!

Good Morning All!
Just got out and about. It's 9 am local time. We are staying in a market district in Delhi. We walk down 4 flights of stairs into the heart of India. The market is full of street shops with Indian-made goods, beautiful fabrics and lots of great food. The street hustles and bustles with fast-moving cabs, rickshaws and people everywhere. Remember the street is only equivalent to one lane and it's dirt - well, mud this morning!

I am having 2 shirts handmade for 320 rupees each - about $7.50. I can't wait to pick them up today. Daniel says I fell right into the rhythm of India. It feels great to be here. Yes, it is dirty and there are cows everywhere in the streets. The incessant horn blowing can be a bit unraveling, but the people are beautiful and courteous. We are going to a Sikh temple this morning for breakfast with a cab driver Daniel met named Mr. Singh. That is the name men take on as Sikhs. Then he is taking us on a tour of Delhi. The food is fantastic but I have been really cautious about what goes into my mouth, making sure things are very hot when served and that I brush my teeth with bottled water. I also bought a couple of t-shirts yesterday for about $2 each. There is so much to choose from and it was my first day so I tried to refrain from going crazy and buying too much. I took some great pics yesterday that I hope to post later today.
Love & Light from India!
Lynne

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home